Hello everyone! I’m forgoing the usual video this week; it’s been a long week after PAX East (thanks to those of you that stopped by!), and I’m still recovering a bit. That said, all the usual news is here, so let’s get started.
Order Finalization & Payment Process
- We’ve received shipping price estimates from our partner, and they assure us the numbers are solid. Obviously, we can’t predict exact rates everywhere, but after crunching the numbers, we believe most orders will come in with shipping rates of approximately $400 – $600. Obviously, orders for the XL model are going to land on the higher end of the spectrum, but distance also plays a part.
- We’re now able to move forward, and we expect finalization to roll out mid-to-late April (late being worst case).
Project Progress & Development
- The finger jointer, which we haven’t discussed in a bit, is installed, and is being wired up for operation. Up to this point, the wiring had been held up waiting for a part for which there was a shortage. I understand this has been resolved and it should be operational in the next week or so.
- The custom frame is in progress – not a lot to report there except that it is proceeding according to plan.
- The new accessories we launched alongside the Modular Desk (Mug Holder, Universal Mount, etc.) have been handed off to production as of Friday, and should be entering production this coming week.
- The fulfillment schedule still looks more or less intact, but we are expecting to begin rather late in May, late June.
- I have some information that has been requested concerning the specifications of the motor and frame. In terms of height, the fixed frame design should have a height of 30″, while the sit-stand frame is variable from 28″ – 48″. The weight limit on the frames will be approximately 750 lbs for the fixed frame model, and approximately 300 lbs for the standard sit-stand, 550 lbs for the XL sit-stand. We hope this information is helpful!
The Modular Desk: Timeline Update
Note that this is a “zoomed out” overview, meant to give a broad impression, rather than a super granular take. The nature of reality with complex projects is that the more granular a timeline is, the less likely it is to remain accurate.
- Early April: Preliminary production on Accessories begins.
- April: Orders finalized. Production on earliest high priority queue orders begins.
- May: Fulfillment begins: the first desks are planned to ship in late May, early June.
As we move ever closer to delivering the earliest Modular Desk orders, we thank you for your patience in these early stages. The shipping estimates being in place represent the removal of the final major hurdle to moving forward to finalize orders, and we’ll be able to roll that out soon, after final testing.
After that, there are some concrete steps to get desks into production, and Jason will be pivoting to tackle these in the coming weeks. Many accessories are entering production this coming Monday, and the desks themselves should not be far behind. It’s an exciting time!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood