It’s time, once again, to check in on the progress of the Modular Desk. Let’s dive in and find out the latest.
- The frame order has been delayed by the manufacturer. As noted last time, the frames are in progress, but we’ve been told to expect the order to arrive significantly later than the date range we’d been given at the time of the order, which has already passed. The new ETA they’ve given us is late February or even March. We’re reaching out to try and determine the reasons for the delay, and also why we’re only hearing about this now. We’re also working to get small quantities of frames delivered more piecemeal, so that we can start shipping in small quantities ASAP, but we have no hard date for a first shipment as of yet. We sincerely apologize for the delay this close to the finish line – we share your frustration, and are doing all we can to minimize the time to shipment.
- The unfortunate delay in frames arriving does mean, at least, that there is more time to get the final documentation notes ironed out, and the initial production runs through. Ideally, this will mean that we have a greater stock built up to begin shipping once the frames arrive.
- In terms of development, there’s very little remaining. We estimate a couple weeks of work, but this is mostly just the engineering equivalent of bookkeeping, with documents being approved, drawings being uploaded, etc. We’re in the progress of transitioning the project officially from development to production. Initial meetings have been held, and the process is beginning now, so over the course of the next several weeks we’ll be getting everything fully running and trained up in production. After that point, the Desk will be out of development and fully in production!
- Once this transition is complete, we should have solid estimates on our bandwidth and schedule. This will allow us to give a rough ETA to all orders, which we’ll work to communicate to you all directly. You can expect that to roll out in February, so look more information in the next update.
- If you’ve moved since placing your order, or will be soon, get in touch to let us know! We want to make sure your Modular Desk reaches you safe and sound, so please keep your address with us up to date. It’s important to note that if you’ve updated your address through WyrmwoodGaming.com, this does not affect orders you’ve already placed! The only way to change the address of a placed order is by contacting us directly, so drop us a line at email@example.com if you need us to change that.
Next Update: February 1st
Despite the unfortunate delay on the frames, the Modular Desk project continues to move forward and is looking very good overall. We don’t anticipate much in the way of difficulty in terms of production, given the extensive development process, and we have shipping options lined up, as well. We’ll be back at the top of February with the latest information.
Thank you, as always, for your patience and support of our work!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood