It’s March – let’s check in and see how things are progressing with the Modular Desk.
Order Finalization & Payment Process
- The payment process is in the final development stages, but has not yet been released. As per our developer, it’s “basically ready” so we’re just looking to do some testing and plan the rollout itself.
- We’ll send out direct email invitation to customers to begin the rollout.
- More information on the rollout itself will be included on these messages once they go out, so stay tuned! We’re hoping to begin the process in the next 1-2 weeks.
Project Progress & Development
- The new frame mentioned last time is looking good. There are a few changes and some packaging we’d need provided, but it is very promising.
- We expect a final call to be made on the frame in the next couple of weeks.
- Accessories are getting close to production, and should be actually reaching the production phase from the middle to the end of March. At that time, development on all accessories will be complete.
- Jason MacDonald, our lead designer, will be working on engineering, final prototyping, etc., for the Modular Desks themselves, as we nail down these final pieces of the puzzle.
The Modular Desk: 2023 Timeline Update
Note that this is a “zoomed out” overview, meant to give a broad impression, rather than a super granular take. The nature of reality with complex projects is that the more granular a timeline is, the less likely it is to remain accurate.
- Early March: Finger-jointer will be powered and operational. Website will be ready for finalization, and customers should begin finalizing.
- Late March: Production begins.
- April: Production ramps up as we prepare for fulfillment.
- May: Fulfillment begins: the first desks are planned to ship in mid-late May.
Slow & Steady
March brings us that much closer to production and shipment of the Modular Desk. While we initially expected to roll out the payment plan by now, it’s still within our general timeline of late February/early March, and all other areas are proceeding more or less in line with our expectations, as well. I look forward to sharing more news as we roll out finalization and begin production!
~ Ed Maranville, Head of Customer Experience for Wyrmwood