Here we are, the middle of another month. Let’s check in and see how things are shaping up as we draw ever closer to the beginning of shipments for the Modular Desk.
- The Desktop alpha has been approved, so we’re moving on to the beta run. No changes needed to be made at the alpha stage, which is a promising sign.
- The Cable Management system is moving through development, and the alpha edition is going to be made this week. This represents the last major component of the desk to make it through this part of the process.
- The frame meeting on August 1st went well, and at this point, the manufacturer has all of the necessary information to proceed. We’re waiting on them to nail down their sourcing for the parts we need, and at that point we can formally have an order in and they can get producing. According to their latest estimates, this week seems likely to be able to proceed, but we are unfortunately at their mercy with regards to the exact timing.
- The design and development team is entirely focused on the Modular Desk project at this point, which should help us quickly wrap up the remaining loose ends and get the desk moved into production soon.
- Once the final elements are through development, we’ll be entering production on all components, in anticipation of the frame arrival. If all goes according to plan, by the time the frames arrive, we’ll have some inventory on the shelves and ready to begin shipping immediately.
- We still estimate shipping to begin in the 6-8 week range. At this point, the beginning of shipping is just keyed to when the frame order arrives, as described above.
Next Update: September 1st
Thank you all once again for your support of the Modular Desk. I’d like to extend a special thanks to those of you that came out to Gen Con and said hello! I really appreciate your kind words, and it’s great to know you’re watching and getting some benefit from the updates. I hope you enjoyed this one, as well, and I look forward to bringing you continued good news on September 1st!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood