It’s the mid-month mark here in February – time to check in and see how the project is lining up with our timeline, as well as the latest news.
Order Finalization & Payment Process
- The work continues – we’re getting close to the rollout.
- Orders should be able to finalize beginning in the next 1-2 weeks, no later than the first week of March.
- The website functionality is on target and 98% complete, with the remaining issue to finalize being shipping. We’re in talks with a shipping provider to lock that down.
- As of now, we’re planning on offering Affirm as a payment plan option.
- Our pricing has been unified and re-calibrated, with the primary goal of lowering buy-in for the Modular Desk – the updated pricing will be available in the finalization tool.
- It’s likely that we’ll begin the rollout with the high priority queue customers; both because of their priority status and because it will allow us to test the system before a full rollout.
Project Progress & Development
- Our finger-jointing machine is here, and is installed in our shop! See below for photos.
- The machine is powered, though it relies on some clever rerouting, and it’s a temporary fix. We are in the process of reworking shop wiring to get it permanent power.
- Footage of the machine in operation should be available in the March updates.
- The desk frame prototype arrived, and Jason has been testing it out. It meets our standard, and has some optional features we would like to explore, but ultimately we’ll need to get pricing data to see if it’s viable for this project. More info soon!
The Modular Desk: Project Timeline & Notes
Note that this is a “zoomed out” overview, meant to give a broad impression, rather than a super granular take. The nature of reality with complex projects is that the more granular a timeline is, the less likely it is to remain accurate.
- February: Finger-jointer will be powered and operational. Website will be ready for finalization, and customers should begin finalizing around the end of the month.
- March: Production of orders begins.
- April: Production ramps up as we prepare for fulfillment.
- May: Fulfillment begins! The first desks should be shipping out during this month.
Spring is Approaching
As we look forward to winter drawing to a (hopefully uneventful) close, work continues on the Modular Desk project. As we enter Spring, amidst the warming weather and bouts of cleaning, we know you’ll be looking forward to the Modular Desk fulfillment, which we aim to begin in May. We’re certainly looking forward to getting them to you!
~ Ed Maranville, Head of Customer Experience for Wyrmwood