The beginning of February means that the time has come for our latest update. Let’s check in on the Modular Desk!
- Moving forward, I’ll be meeting with Ian Costello in these updates. Ian is Wyrmwood’s Chief Operating Officer, tasked with overall management of operations across the entire company. The Modular Desk has moved into production now, and so Ian will be more involved and informed with the project than Jason – as our lead designer – will be.
- As noted last time, the frames have been delayed. We’ve been working with the manufacturer to get a shipment as soon as possible, and we’ve received word that an initial shipment will be slated to arrive this month, on February 19th. This does move things forward about a month, so that’s positive, though still short of our original given date of early January, of course. Still, we’re glad we’ve been able to negotiate for this split shipment.
- The vast majority of components and accessories are now ready for production. The Monitor Ledge is the only remaining item in the initial lineup with engineering work remaining, and what’s left on that is quite minor.
- We’re currently gearing up for the very first full-production run of desktops, and we’re configuring the Pennsylvania shop with workstations to make the production processes flow smoothly and efficiently. We’ve already run a successful beta run of desktops, but we always do a small-scale run of production initially before raising the volume to full throughput. This allows us to iron out any remaining kinks that only appear with a standard production run. In about two weeks, we should have that run complete, along with the work on the Monitor Ledge. This would mean we’re ready for normal production and fulfillment.
- With all of this in mind, we are aiming to be ready to begin fulfillment once the frames arrive on or about the 19th. Initial shipment numbers will be low, but we intend to begin shipping Modular Desks before the end of February.
- Once shipping begins, we’ll be able to give everyone a better estimate of their fulfillment window, based on a timeline derived from our actual production data. We’ll directly email that to everyone as soon as possible. We’ll touch on this in the next update, on the 15th.
- If you’ve moved since placing your order, or will be soon, get in touch to let us know! We want to make sure your Modular Desk reaches you safe and sound, so please keep your address with us up to date. It’s important to note that if you’ve updated your address through WyrmwoodGaming.com, this does not affect orders you’ve already placed! The only way to change the address of a placed order is by contacting us directly, so drop us a line at email@example.com if you need us to change that.
Next Update: February 15th
The frames are in production and the first batch will be on its way to us soon. We’re spinning up full production alongside that, with the goal of – at last – shipping the first orders out by month’s end. Thank you for bearing with us through everything, and we look forward to bringing you all the latest news in our next update. By then, we should be counting the days until the arrival of the first frames, and the shipping of the first orders.
Thank you, as always, for your patience and support of our work!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood