Welcome to the mid-March update! Let’s check in and review the status of the project.
Order Finalization & Payment Process
- The rollout has been delayed as a result of shipping pricing not yet being finalized.
- We have been working to get quotes, but our shipping partner has been slower than we’d like in getting us a final agreement.
- We can’t roll out ordering without having shipping pricing finalized, unless we do so with the plan to bill you for shipping later – we wish to avoid this.
- For the Modular Gaming Table, we ship via UPS GFP (Ground with Freight Pricing), but this service has size limits which several packages in the Modular Desk line will exceed.
- Bad estimates from shipping partners has been a major expense for us in the past, and we can’t have that happen here, so unfortunately we need to iron this out before proceeding.
- In the meantime, we’ve been working on ways to improve the website to make purchases more seamless, the process more informative, and create a better user experience for you overall. These improvements are not going to hold back the rollout, but as long as we were waiting for shipping information, we’re taking the time to make improvements, rather than just wait.
Project Progress & Development
- Packaging is being finalized and approved for all accessories.
- The frame is moving forward, finalizing some necessary changes.
- We will be moving forward with the Danish-designed, American-manufactured frame. In a prior update, I may have stated the design was German; this was an error.
- Fulfillment in May will be tight, but this is still the goal.
- After the initial orders ship in late May, production and shipping should ramp up aggressively, moreso than our prior furniture lines. This is due to most of the needed equipment and infrastructure already being functional, as well as the extensive engineering and development occurring now, prior to production.
The Modular Desk: Timeline Update
Note that this is a “zoomed out” overview, meant to give a broad impression, rather than a super granular take. The nature of reality with complex projects is that the more granular a timeline is, the less likely it is to remain accurate.
- March: Finger-jointer will be powered and operational. Website will be ready for finalization, and customers should begin finalizing.
- Late March: Production begins.
- April: Production ramps up as we prepare for fulfillment.
- May: Fulfillment begins: the first desks are planned to ship in late May.
As we prepare to leave winter behind and move into spring, we look forward to bringing the Modular Desk project into full bloom. While these updates remain quiet, work continues behind the scenes and progress moves us closer to production and fulfillment. Thank you for your patience and support as we take the steps necessary to set this project up for success as best we can.
Once shipping details are final, finalization emails will be sent. Look for an update at the start of April with the latest news and developments. Until then, thank you, and I hope this update finds you well.
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood