As we begin a new year, it’s time to look at the state of the project.
The recent holiday break disrupted our usual schedule, so we’ll be foregoing the video portion of the update this time. However, we still have updated information for you, so let’s dive into that!
- The frame order remains in progress. Our supplier is hard at work on the initial frame order. We have heard that, unfortunately, it is taking a bit longer than anticipated, and we’re following up now to get more information and see what can be done. Our goal is to schedule a smaller delivery to arrive ASAP, allowing us to still get in a small quantity in the coming week or two to begin fulfillment. We did expect the initial order to arrive in several deliveries, so we’ll just step up the quantity of these if possible. As we’re in active communication with them now, this is a bit fluid at the moment, but we will have more information to share about this in the next update.
- Jason is working with the team to approve the final documentation for Engineering and Production. This encompasses CAD files, drawings, spec sheets, and all other internal documentation for the assemblies. This is what our production and QA will be based on, so it’s very important to make sure it’s all correct as we move into production. So far, desktops are completely done and approved, while the other components of the desk are about 90% approved. The goal is to complete all these approvals this week.
- Also this week, we will be shooting the assembly video, using the final production versions of all desk components.
- Finally, Jason alluded to some custom hardware still outstanding; as of now, 95% of the hardware needed is here and in-house, with the remainder arriving shortly.
- Later this week, a transition meeting is being held to shift the project formally from development into production and fulfillment, so we will have more information to share on that side of things in the next update, as well.
- In terms of the PC Tower Mount and Mount Mount, we have begun the process of acquiring a supplier for the tower mount, and prototyping the new Mount Mount, which we are aiming to get completed this week.
- If you’ve moved since placing your order, or will be soon, get in touch to let us know! We want to make sure your Modular Desk reaches you safe and sound, so please keep your address with us up to date. It’s important to note that if you’ve updated your address through WyrmwoodGaming.com, this does not affect orders you’ve already placed! The only way to change the address of a placed order is by contacting us directly, so drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us to change that.
Next Update: January 15th
The transition to the new year finds the Modular Desk project in transition, as well; we’re moving from development and design to production and fulfillment. There are a number of points in the project that are currently being updated, which means this update is a little short on concrete information; we apologize for that. We should have a fuller, more informative picture to give you in a couple weeks’ time.
Thank you for your support and patience, and we’ll be in touch soon!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood