This time, I sit down with Jason to discuss the recent progress being made on the project, and to see what the coming weeks hold. Let’s dive in for this new month’s first update.
- The cubbies have been worked out, and development has moved onto the desktop.
- Desktops are set to have an alpha produced this coming week – this is the same step we saw the cubby at a couple of weeks ago. The physical production model to make and confirm, prior to the first run.
- The frame design is finalized and settled, allowing us to get that order placed once the final details are worked out, such as packaging and shipping, documentation, and a few pieces of hardware outside of the supplier’s usual options that we will be utilizing.
- The cable management system is next up, as the final core component to require engineering, and this is starting up in earnest now that the placement of the frame and cubbies are set.
- The timeline we discussed in the last update is still accurate, meaning we’re on track to be shipping orders by around the 4-6 week mark.
The Modular Desk: Timeline Update
Note that this is a “zoomed out” overview, meant to give a broad impression, rather than a super granular take. The nature of reality with complex projects is that the more granular a timeline is, the less likely it is to remain accurate.
- June: Engineering and final design changes made, components in final stages of development prior to production.
- July: All products in production.
- Late July/August: Frames arrive, earliest orders ship.
Next Update: July 15th
We remain on track with the timeline we’ve held for the past several updates, and progress continues without major setbacks, which is good to see – it’s taken longer than anticipated, but everything is coming together very well and I can’t wait until we’re shipping these out to you all soon.
I’m confident that the wait will be worth the finished product. Thank you for your patience and support while we do all we can to make the best desk we can produce for you. More to come on July 15th in the next update. All the best to you out there as we move into summer!
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood