As we begin a new month, it’s time to take a look and see how the Modular Desk is progressing.
- The Standard Desktop has moved into beta, and looks great. We’re adding some small quality-of-life improvements, such as engraved/etched areas to aid you with assembly. But all generally looks good. The XL desktop looks quite good, but has a bit more flex than we anticipated, so we’re going to be updating it slightly to ameliorate that. Overall, all looks good!
- The Cable Management Alpha has been progressing well, and again, all looks good here. We’re waiting on the brackets for the system to arrive, but this isn’t an area where things could go wrong, and we’re able to assemble it and confirm that it looks good for working with the desktop. The XL version is still to come, but given it’s essentially identical, just scaled up, we don’t anticipate any issues there.
- The Modular Desk project is benefiting from the attention of the entire design department, as discussed last time. This is definitely helping things move more quickly and smoothly.
- The frame production has hit a bit of a snag, in that we hadn’t heard from them in a bit longer than we’d like, about a week. We’re waiting on getting a sample of the packaging, as well as our final frames. However, today we did hear back from them, and they are preparing to ship our final sample frames, so this is great news. Once we evaluate those and the packaging, we’ll be able to place our initial order. We should have solid data and an ETA on the order for the next update.
- We’re close to getting many aspects of the Modular Desk into active production. Hopefully, by next update we’ll have begun full production on the Standard Desktops, as well as possible the XL Desktops. All items should be in production in 4-6 weeks.
- We are still tentatively going to be able to begin shipping in line with our prior estimate, which puts the earliest shipments in the 4-6 week range, as well.
Next Update: September 15th
As always, thanks for your patience, and we look forward to bringing you more news at the mid-month mark! Have a good one out there, and we’ll be in touch soon.
~ Ed Maranville, Customer Experience at Wyrmwood